Multi-functional Solar Lighting
The multi-functional Solar Lighting system is based on the award winning patented Hybrid UltraCapacitor (HUC) technology developed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and commercialized by Mesha. It is the first of its kind that combines the HUC with a battery and a powerful Energy Management System (EMS) that has been developed by Mesha. A number of these systems have been deployed in various off-grid locations within India where there is no grid electricity or frequent power disruptions if grid electricity exists.
These Solar Lighting systems provide the following functionality to the end user:
- Provides up to 24 Whr capability
- Quick charging, longer life and also charges in overcast conditions
- Enough light for 4-5 children to read in the night
- Autonomy of up to 4 days based on usage of 4 hours per day
- Charges cell phones and supports other DC appliances such as fans, radios, etc.
- 2W LED in high mode can provide up to minimum of 8 hours of lighting and in low mode (1W) can provide up to 16 hours of lighting
- Eco-friendly unlike kerosene lamps
- First of its kind available in the market
The advantage that this solution has is that it is powered by MIST Technology. With MIST, the HUC becomes the workhorse thus managing the charge and discharge cycle of the battery and thus extending the lifecycle of the battery. With this combination we are able to provide a lifecycle cost to operate on a daily basis of Indian Rs. 3.56. This solution is also very eco-friendly and maintenance free.